If you’re anything like me, some days you wake up feeling like the hottest thing this side of the sun, and others… well, not so much. Never fear, femme on a mission is here with ten ways to feel sexy every morning!
1. Stretch. Few things feel better after a long night than reaching those limbs to the sky. If you like yoga, doing a few poses when you first wake up can get your body feeling nimble and prepared for the day ahead. If you aren’t familiar with yoga poses, doing some light stretching can have the same effect.
2. Play some good tunes. Put on some music while you’re getting ready in the morning. These songs will be setting the tone for your day, so have fun with it! Experiment with up-beat rock, pensive folk, or alluring jazz and figure out what really gets you going. Personally, Killer Queen is my go-to song for feeling spectacularly sexy!
4. Use lotion… on your arms and legs. Why, what were you thinking? Feeling silky smooth and touchable often translates to feeling sexy.
5. Eat breakfast. This one may sound obvious, but for many people, myself included, breakfast is the first thing to be dropped from the morning routine when running short on time. But eating something in the morning will give you a boost of energy – and energy is always sexy.
6. Drink water. Downing lots of water has numerous health benefits, including clearer skin. It’s also a great way to wake yourself up in the morning or after a long nap. Staying hydrated also gives you energy, and remember, energy = sexy.
7. Wear your favorite underthings. Slip into underwear that makes you feel sexy, whether that’s a red lacy bra and matching thong or a t-shirt and boxers. It doesn’t matter if no one is going to see it. Just knowing you’ve got a secret under your clothes can make you feel sexy all day long.
8. Know your wardrobe. This step takes a little preparation, and I don’t even always follow my own rule. However, it helps to have a few go-to outfits that you know you feel fierce in. That way, if you’re having one of those days where you’re feeling less than fabulous, you can slip into one of your favorite numbers for an instant pick-me-up. Also, it helps to go through your closet and get rid of anything that doesn’t fit anymore or that you no longer like. This will clear space for new favorites, but it also serves another purpose; when you are tearing through the hangers in your closet thinking, “No, no, doesn’t fit anymore, nope, no, I hate this sweater, no, no…” etc., etc., it’s only going to bring you down. And that’s the last thing you need when trying to feel sexy.
9. Practice good posture. Imagine a string running through the center of your body being pulled through the top of your head. This will raise you into an upright posture that doesn’t feel or look stiff. Sitting and standing up straight not only makes you seem more confident, but is also a great way to trick yourself into feeling more confident, too.
10. Smile. Seriously, smile at yourself in the mirror. Even if it seems ridiculous, just the act of putting on a smile, even a fake one, has been shown to make people feel happier. I always smile right after I put on my lipstick, which serves double-duty as a pick-me-up and a way to make sure there’s no lipstick on my teeth. Try it! Feeling happy is always sexy.
So there you have it – those are my ten tips for feeling sexy every morning. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Are any of these examples already in your morning routine? Do you have any other ideas to add to the list? Let me know in the comments!